The intervention was a merger of best practices from ABB’s GBS India hub and KNOLSKAPE solutions, with simulations at the core of it.
ABB (ASEA Brown Boveri), is a Swedish-Swiss multinational corporation headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland and a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally.
In the year 2016, as an integral part of ABB’s next level strategy, the GBS (Global Business Services) hubs were launched, designed to provide dedicated, high-quality services, including Finance, Human Resources, Information Systems and Procurement, to ABB’s businesses worldwide.
The major concerns at GBS were:
- Building a deeper, stronger, more diverse leadership pipeline that could support sustainable growth and deliver superior results
- Shifting focus from tactical management with a focus on day-to-day results to also leading with vision, inspiration and authenticity
- Developing leaders at each level through differentiated development and give them what they need to understand and exemplify the leadership expectations
- Engaging associates by developing empowered, authentic leaders that foster talent and motivate teams to achieve business goals
- Retaining the special culture at GBS Bangalore and foster a greater learning culture among leaders
To read how KNOLSKAPE’s solution delivered results, download the complete case-study